Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition ensures clinicians document care more completely and ‘in their own words.’ Clinicians using an EHR powered by Dragon Medical experience substantially greater satisfaction than clinicians who use the EHR without Dragon Medical.
Available only for independent practices of 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 99% accurate ‘out of the box’ and includes a complete range of medical vocabularies.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians use a narrative format to dictate the elements of a patient encounter where clinicians need to document care in their own words, including the History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, Physical Examination, and Assessment and Plan. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality.
Clinicians also save additional time by using customized macros to enter frequently-dictated text with a single voice command. Overall, Dragon Medical solutions dramatically reduce the time clinicians spend documenting care—30 minutes or more a day, according to a number of studies.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians navigate many Windows®-based EHR systems using voice commands—three times faster than most people can type or click with a mouse.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition runs on a variety of hardware, from netbooks to high-powered desktops. The software automatically detects hardware resources and sets up the recommended configuration. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected, to achieve better recognition performance.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition makes clinicians more efficient. Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians dictate faster and more accurately than ever before. Dragon Medical Practice Edition is over 20% more accurate before enrollment than the previous version—meaning that clinicians will save time documenting care in an EHR.
Dictate anywhere in the EHR. Dragon Medical Practice Edition allows clinicians to dictate anywhere in an EHR system. Clinicians no longer have to click back and forth between information they’re reviewing and the EHR’s dictation window. They dictate while reviewing information in Hidden Mode, which allows the clinician to place the dictation directly where he or she wishes.
With Dragon Medical Practice Edition, practices can deliver higher quality care. Clinicians receive a host of key advantages with Dragon Medical Practice Edition compared with previous versions:
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Dictate in their own words. Dragon Medical’s free-text dictation capability supports the ‘medical decision-making’ aspects of the note, which gives referring physicians and ancillary providers a clearer and more detailed patient assessment and prognosis.
- Medical information at their fingertips. Dragon Medical Practice Edition offers multiple voice shortcuts for searching medical information on the web. Clinicians can now search medical data via a single command on WebMD®, UpToDate®, PubMed®, and ICD-9. These commands can be said at any time without even having an Internet browser open. These commands combine multiple clicks into one fast command for the busy clinician. Simply say, “Search UpToDate for Wellbutrin contraindications,” and Dragon Medical Practice Edition and UpToDate take you there.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA compliance guidelines to protect patient security and confidentiality.
- Improve physician satisfaction. Physicians who use Dragon Medical Practice Edition report that it significantly improves their enjoyment of practicing medicine. Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps them use their time more effectively and get home in time for dinner, thus improving physician quality of life.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition yields cost savings and profitability. Clinicians enjoy significant cost reductions and productivity boosts when they move from typing, handwriting, or transcription—or when they upgrade to Dragon Medical Practice Edition from previous medical versions or non-medical solutions:
- Reduce the cost of documentation. Eliminate transcription by speech-enabling the EHR system, freeing up resources to focus more on patients, to help increase practice efficiency. Practices that are using Dragon Medical Practice Edition today are significantly lowering their transcription costs by hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- Support higher quality and more complete documentation. Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition results in higher levels of reimbursement than notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone.
- Increase coding levels. More complete, accurate documentation improves coding effectiveness and provides richer detail per patient, giving clinicians greater confidence to code at higher levels than with an EHR system alone.
- Increase practice volume. Faster, more accurate response reduces time spent on documentation, allowing clinicians to see more patients and increase practice revenue and profitability.
Dragon Medical: a leading solution for practicing clinicians.
The Dragon Medical solutions family is the leading speech recognition solution in healthcare today. Dragon Medical technology has been chosen by more than 180,000 physicians worldwide to document clinical records and dictate correspondence, making it the most widely used speech recognition solution for physicians. Clinicians may use speech commands to navigate and dictate clinical notes in most commercially available EHRs in a Windows environment.
Even rarely used medical terms appear in Dragon Medical Practice Edition the first time clinicians say them. Clinicians don’t need to add or train words with Dragon Medical Practice Edition. Whether the clinician’s country of origin is India, China, England, the U.S., or Australia, Dragon Medical Practice Edition recognizes his or her speech patterns because it has heard them before.