The YubiKey 5 NFC is a hardware based authentication solution that provides superior defense against phishing, eliminates account takeovers, enables compliance and offers expanded choices for strong authentication. This key delivers strong authentication over Near Field Communications (NFC) and via USB-A ports. New with the YubiKey 5 NFC is support for FIDO2 allowing organizations to enable passwordless login. The YubiKey 5 NFC includes:
- Support for strong single factor, two-factor hardware and multi-factor authentication.
- Strong authentication with support for multiple protocols (Yubico OTP, OATH HOTP, OATH TOTP, U2F, PIV, and Open PGP), and FIDO2 the new standard enabling the replacement of weak password-based authentication.
- Out of the box integration with hundreds of services, with no shared secrets.
- A seamless user experience that is easy to use, fast and reliable and is proven at scale to significantly reduce IT costs.
How it Works:
- Choose a service to sign-in with and enter your username and password.
- When prompted, simply insert the YubiKey into a USB port or touch it to NFC supported devices.
- Authenticate effortlessly with a touch or tap the YubiKey 5 NFC to your NFC-enabled device.
- Strong single factor, two-factor hardware and multi-factor authentication
- Easy and fast authentication with a single touch or tap to NFC enabled device
- Reduces IT operational costs
- Multiprotocol support on a single key
- Crush-resistant and waterproof
- Made in the USA & Sweden
- Four times faster than typing a One Time Passcode
- Always on and accessible because no batteries or network connectivity is required
- Login to your personal Microsoft Account with YubiKey 5 NFC – no passwords required on supported devices
- Supported protocols: FIDO2, FIDO U2F, smart card (PIV), Yubico OTP, OpenPGP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, and Challenge-Response
- Secure element hardware to protect cryptographic keys and perform cryptographic operations
- Crypto Algorithms: RSA 4096, RSA 3072, RSA 2048, RSA 1024, ECC p256, ECC p384
- Interface: USB-A and NFC
- Works on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux and on major browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Opera
- Works on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android
- Works with Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Twitter, LastPass, Dashlane, and hundreds of other services
- PIV smart card compatible, smart card minidriver available on Windows